Saturday, March 6, 2010

#21 Old Self

Chapter Twenty One: Old Self

*Aaron’s POV*

As usual, I woke up early today and went to the company. I arranged nicely the documents and settled the projects before heading to the hospital.

“Doctor..”

“Here. This way.” The nurse led me to the X-ray room. I waited for hours before the report was out.

“Doctor, how is it?” He was looking at the X-ray film.

“Mr Yan, your headache is caused by..” He seemed to be hesitating.

“What is it, doctor?” I started to lose my patient.

“Mr Yan, its brain tumor.” I was speechless.

“The good news is that the succession rate is 70%. But..”

“But what??”

“You might have lost your memory after the operation.” What? Does it mean that I’m going to forget about her? No!

“I suggest you to undergo the operation soon. Because the tumor is pressing against your..” The doctor continued.

“No!!” I dashed out of the doctor’s office without allowing him to finish his sentence. I didn’t know why but I drove my way to the florist shop. I stood from far and I saw her with him laughing happily.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Morning!!” My mood is so good today!! I kept on smiling and smiling.

“Morning. You sure have a good mood today. Why are you smiling non-stop?” Hebe said.

I didn’t reply her but kept on smiling. I took out my phone and looked at the wallpaper. This just made me be happy even more.

“Morning, Wang Zi.” Han said. I turned around and saw Wang Zi standing in the shop.

“Morning!” I greeted him.

“You are sure in the good mood today.”

“She has been smiling to herself since the moment she stepped into the shop.” Hebe said.

Wang Zi looked at me and I smiled to him.

“It sure got to do with Aaron. Her mood is only affected by him.” Hebe continued.

This made Wang Zi’s expression changed. I noticed it and hinted Hebe to stop.

“What brings you here?” I asked Wang Zi to divert the topic.

“I dropped by yesterday but they say you weren’t in.”

“Oh. You are finding me? For?” I said while picking up flowers from the vase.

“Nothing much. Just wanted to have dinner with you.” I paused to think. I should make clear to him right?

“Wang Zi, actually I..”

“I know. I understand. I already knew your answer that day at the restaurant.”

“I’m sorry. I..”

“You don’t have to apologies, silly.” And he messed up my hair.

“Hey! How dare you!!” And I started hitting him. Both of us laugh happily. Wang Zi stayed in the shop for the whole day. Till the night, I waited for Aaron to come but I didn’t see him anywhere. I tried calling him but he didn’t pick up the phone.

“Is Aaron coming?” Hebe asked me.

“I’m not sure.” I replied.

“I got to go. Calvin is waiting for me.”

“Go ahead. Don’t worry about me.”

“Ok.” Hebe said.

“I’m going off too.” Han said. Guess Jiro was also waiting for her.

“Gui Gui, I sent you back home.” Wang Zi said.

“It’s ok. Aaron will come. You can go back first.” I started dialing him number again. Wang Zi took a last glance of me before leaving the shop.

*Wang Zi’s POV*

I didn’t want to leave but all she can see was Aaron. I guess silently protecting her at the back was also a good way of loving her. As I walked out of the shop, I saw Aaron standing a distance away from the shop. I walked up to him.

“Why are you standing here? Since you are here, why don’t you go in?” I asked.

“None of your business.” His tone sounded so cold. He wanted to turn and walked away before I stopped him.

“Why do you think you are going? Gui Gui is still waiting for you in the shop.” I grabbed on to his arm.

“I didn’t ask her to wait for me. I also didn’t say that I’m going to fetch her.” He swung off my hand and walked off. I held him back and turned him around to face me.

“What do you mean by this?!!” I can’t hold back my temper and I punched him in his face. He fell on to the floor. The corner of his lips bleeds.

“How could you say this??!!!” He didn’t say anything but stood up and walked away. I shouted to him. “I shouldn’t have give up on Gui Gui. I will snatch her back from you!”

He stopped and said. “Suit yourself.” What’s wrong with him? His attitude just made me boils! Gui Gui! I immediately ran back to the shop.

“Eh? Wang Zi, why did you come back?” I grabbed onto her hand.

“I send you back.”

“Why?” She wanted to loosen my grip.

“Aaron will not come. Stop waiting for him. Let’s go.”

“What do you mean by this?”

“Just go.” I pulled her out of the shop and locked the door for her. Although I’m quite reluctant, she was still staying at Aaron’s house. So I got to drive her back to his house.

“Bye.” She skipped happily into the house.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

The moment I got home, Aaron was at home already. I walked up to him.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?”

“Why should I?” After saying, he turned and went back to his room. I was dumfounded. This tone. This coldness. Why does it appear again? Why he..

I chased him up to his room.

“Aaron, did something happen?” I asked in the concern tone but his replies really hurt me a lot.

“No.”

“Then why are you..” He cut off my sentence.

“Stop bugging me. And can you leave?” I can’t believe. Is it really him?

“Aaron, I..”

“LEAVE!!!” This is the first time he shouted loudly at me. I ran out of his room and started crying profusely.

*Aaron’s POV*

Sorry Gui. I didn’t mean to. I didn’t want to hurt you. But.. I don’t want to forget about you. If I chose not to go for the operation, what will happen to me? Will I leave this world? I want you to be happy. I always want it so. I guess.. I can’t be the one to give you happiness already.

No comments:

Post a Comment