Saturday, March 6, 2010

#17 Pain

Chapter Seventeen: Pain

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“You.. You are..” He just smiled and hugged me. “Do you remember now?”
I looked at him. He is the little boy that I met when I was young? Did he come back for me?

“I..” Just then my phone ring.

“Hello?”

“Hello?? Hello?? Ms Gui Gui??” Who is this?? Her voice sounded so panicky.

“Ya. May I know who is this speaking?”

“Mr Yan.. He.. He..”

“What happen to Aaron??!!” It became my turn to panick.

“Mr Yan.. He..” I’m so worried now and at the same time, I’m quite pissed. Why can’t she finish her sentence? I put down the phone and ran out to the main street to hail for cab. I’m not in the right mind to think of anything else now. If Wang Zi did not grab my arm, I would have forgotten about him.

“Gui, what happened?”

“Aaron.. He.. I don’t know. I must go and look for him now.”

“I bring you to find him. But where do you want to find him?” He grabbed on tightly to my arm. I feel that I already lost my senses.

“I.. I.. Company.. Company..” I started pacing around. Wang Zi grabbed onto my hand and pulled me to his car.

~At Yan’s Corporation~

I didn’t bother about how people looked at me once I ran into the building. To me, Aaron is the most important one. Without thinking twice, I dashed up to the top floor.

“Ms Gui Gui, here. Mr Yan is in the resting room.” Jasmine showed me to the resting room. Once she opened the door, I saw Aaron sitting on the sofa. I quickly dashed to him and kneel down in front of him.

“Aaron, what happened to you?” I could feel that I am at the verge of crying. He looked so pale. Slowly, he rose up his hand and touched my face.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” He put up a smile on his face.

“But.. You..” I don’t even know what I am talking now. Everything seems so mixed up now.

“Gui, I’m really fine. It’s just that my gastric worked up.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Did you eat your breakfast in the morning? Lunch??!!”

“Gui, calm down. I’m fine.” He hugged me tightly. I pushed him away a little.

“I buy food for you?” I stood up from the ground. Aaron held on to my hand.

“One of my employees has helped me to buy lunch already.”

*Aaron’s POV*

These few days there are big projects to handle. I rushed out of the house this morning and left Gui alone again. I guess because of the workload, my gastric is working up again. This time it really hurts a lot. I could hear Jasmine calling Gui but I’m in great pain now. So I didn’t stop her from doing so. Just past 10 mins, Gui appeared in front of me.

“Aaron, what happened to you?” This silly girl is going to cry again.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

“But.. You..”

“Gui, I’m really fine. It’s just that my gastric worked up.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Did you eat your breakfast in the morning? Lunch??!!”

“Gui, calm down. I’m fine.”

“I buy food for you?”

“One of my employees has helped me to buy lunch already.” I looked at her.

“Silly girl. I’m fine.” She threw up arms around my neck and hugged me. I returned the hug.

“Don’t cry already ok?” I gave her a peck on her lips and smiled. She nodded. I looked up and realized Wang Zi was standing at the door. Slowly, I stood up and walked towards him.

“Aaron..” Gui held on to my arm.

“Both of you are together?” I asked.

“I asked her out for lunch.” He replied. I looked at Gui. She just nodded.

“Can you help me to send her back?” I can’t believe I eventually asked him for help. I should be the one sending Gui instead.

“I don’t want to leave. I want to stay here.” Gui held on tightly to my arm.

“Gui..” She shook her head. She can really be stubborn when it comes to certain things.

“Wang Zi, you leave first ok? I want to stay with Aaron.” Gui told Wang Zi. He took a glance of me and nodded to Gui. Gui then happily looked at me. This silly girl.

“Gui, I’m really fine.” I looked straight into her eyes.

“I don’t care. I’m not leaving.” Just then, Jasmine came back with my lunch.

Although is like 6pm now, I’m still having my “lunch”. Gui kept on staring at me while I’m eating.

“Do you want to eat too?” I pass her the packet of rice.

“Nope. I want you to eat.” She pushed the packet of rice back to me.

After eating, I went back to work. At first, Gui forbidden me to do so but I have no choice. The projects are important. She then sat in my office to “supervise” me. I think she is the first and only one who will supervise me.

Time really flies. After finishing the work, I then realized it’s already 11PM. Gui waited so many hours until she slept on the sofa. I walked to her and kneel down in front of her. How long has it been since I ever see her sleeping in such a close view?

“Aaron?” She started rubbing her eyes.

“Let’s go home ok?” She nodded. The moment she stood up, she started swaying. Guess she is really tired. I immediately squat down.

“Aaron, what are you doing?”

“Come. I piggyback you.”

“But..” I pulled her hand and wrapped it around my neck.

“Let’s go home.” I piggyback her. I put her into the car and drove him. Throughout the journey, I kept on hearing mumblings coming out from her.

“Aaron..” The first time she called my name, I thought she really did. After, I then know she was talking in her dreams.

“I.. I love you.” This makes me smile.

“Wang Zi..” I frowned.

“He.. He is the little boy.” What little boy? I was waiting for her to continue but she didn’t.

Upon reaching, I piggyback her into the house and put her on her bed.

“Aaron..” She continued. She turned around and hugged her bolster tightly. She started smiling. I bet she is having a sweet dream now. But..

~Flashback~

“Wang Zi..”

“He.. He is the little boy.”

~End of Flashback~

What does she mean by that?

No comments:

Post a Comment