Saturday, March 6, 2010

#19 Impossible

Chapter Nineteen: Impossible

*Aaron’s POV*

I didn’t know how to start the conversation with him. The both of us stood outside with me back facing him.

“What do you want to talk about?” He was the one who spoke first. I turned around and faced him.

“You should know, don’t you?”

“If you say so, I guess I know.” I started hard at him. This is the first time I felt threatened. I’m afraid of losing her.

“I always have special feelings for her since young. I would say that if I hadn’t leave her, things might change isn’t it?” He continued. “I didn’t really intend to snatch her away from you but I really want her to become mine now.” For a moment, I really feel like giving him a punch and I did it at a wrong time.

“Aaron!” Gui dashed out of the restaurant and ran towards Wang Zi. “What happened? Why do you punch him?”

“Don’t worry, Gui. I’m fine.” Wang Zi stood up from the ground. “He has the reason to do so.”

“Why?” Gui looked at him with a puzzled face.

“Because from now onwards, I want you to be my girlfriend.” Just as he said this, Calvin, Hebe, Han and Jiro also walked out of the restaurant. Everyone were stunned by what he had said especially Gui. I held onto Gui’s hand and pulled her behind me.
Wang Zi and I started staring at each other.

“I will never let you have her.” I said firmly and walked away with Gui, holding firmly onto her hand.

Throughout the journey, I’m unable to concentrate.

“Beepppppppppp~” I stepped on the brake immediately. We almost met a car accident.

“Aaron..” Gui put her hand on mine.

“Sorry, Gui.” She shook her head.

When we reached home, I sat in my room. I didn’t understand why I’m feeling so unsafe. It’s as if something bad is going to happen. Probably I’m just being over-sensitive and stressed over work. Just then, Gui knocked on the door. She popped her head in and walked in with a glass of milk.

“Drink it before you go to sleep ok?” She smiled at me. I stood up and hugged her tightly.

“Aaron? What really happened to you these few days? You don’t seem to be yourself.”

“I’m fine. Just let me hug you for a while.”

“Gui, Sleep with me tonight ok?” I looked at her. She nodded and smiled.

~The Next Day~

As usual, I got up from bed early. I slowly shifted my body out from the bed not wanting to disturb Gui who was still sleeping on the bed. I walked down the stairs.

“Young Master, your breakfast is ready.” I nodded and walked towards the dining room. This has been happening a few times. That time, I lied to her. It wasn’t my gastric that worked up. I was feeling great pain in my head. That day was the most painful time compared to other times. And now, the pain is back again. It has been happening a few times already. After eating breakfast, I left for work.
The pain kept on “appearing” in my head. I decided to stop working and go for a checkup.

“Doctor, can I know why is my head hurting suddenly?” I asked.

“How long has your head being hurting?”

“It only started around these few weeks.” The doctor seems to be thinking about something.

“Do you feel pain or unwell in other ways rather than having headaches?”

“I don’t think so.”

“I still can’t really conclude anything now. We need to do further checkup. I will arrange a time to scan your head.”

“Doctor, what type of illness does this symptom normally apply to?” He seems to be hesitating.

“Doctor..”

“Brain tumor.” The doctor looked straight into my eyes. I drove my way back to the company. The 2 words kept on appearing in my head. It’s impossible. Impossible. I have not gone for X-ray scan. The result has not proven that I have brain tumor. Impossible. I was not in a good condition today. My mood was affected badly.

Till the night..

“Hello?”

“Aaron? Where are you? Are you coming?” Gui.. She sounded so happy.

“Sorry. I worked till I didn’t notice the time. I’m coming now. You wait for me ok?”

“No worries. I will wait for you.”

I took my things and left the office. When I reached there, I saw Wang Zi and Gui laughing happily in the shop. I didn’t understand myself. I felt like backing off out of the sudden. I lost all the fighting spirit. What is happening to me?
I get down the car and headed to the shop.

“Aaron!” Gui ran up to me, smiling cheerfully and she started saying all the jokes that the both of them have been talking about just now. I looked at Wang Zi.

“She rejected my offer of fetching her home.” Gui smiled widely at me. “I guess her actions have obviously showed who she has chosen.” This sentence bothers me a lot. What if.. Really.. I didn’t dare to continue thinking about it. I looked at Gui.

“Let’s go home ok?” She nodded and smiled sweetly. I didn’t talk much in the car. Gui just continue saying about what they have been talking about just now.

“Gui..” This made her stopped talking about what she has been saying for the past few minutes.

“Ya?”

“Let’s go for a date tomorrow. I always say that we go for a date but in the end, we didn’t. Tomorrow let’s go. I promise.”

“Don’t you have to work tomorrow? I thought you say you are having some big projects?”

“I will take leave tomorrow.”

“Aaron, you don’t have to..” I cut off her sentence.

“I didn’t want to disappoint you. At least for this last time.”

“Last time? What last time?” I shouldn’t have said that. It just blurted out from my mouth.

“I mean before I get busy again. Let’s have a date.” I lied again.

“Ok! Since you say so, I will follow you.” She smiled widely. This time I’m not going to disappoint her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment